General Interest Tours
Links to Database Tables
Sold Out & Cancelled Tours
Layout Tours Prototype Tours General Interest Tours
PLEASE NOTE! If you have mobility issues and have already signed up or plan to sign up for any bus tours, please see the "Mobility Issues" page for important information.
Sure, we will have general interest tours, but...
- How about a chance to visit historic Old Sacramento, the end of the Pony Express and the Transcontinental Railroad?
- How about a bus tour to the site of where John Marshall discovered gold in 1848, triggering the Gold Rush of 1849? The Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park includes a replica of Marshall's original sawmill, a museum featuring period relics and displays, over 20 historic buildings and a monument marking the actual discovery site. From there, the tour will visit two underground gold mines and their operating stamp mill, where ore is crushed and gold extracted.
- How about a tour of the Jelly Belly® factory, once called the best factory tour in America by Reader's Digest? Made famous by Ronald Reagan when he was governer of California. After he was elected President, he made Jelly Belly® candies a staple in the Oval Office, on Air Force One, and on Marine One.
- How about a tour of the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center, which preserves and displays the art of this legendary cartoonist, creator of the Peanuts© comic strip for almost fifty years?
- How about taking in an afternoon Sacramento River Cats baseballl game, including a pre-game barbeque and fireworks show afterwards? For a change of pace from train rides – we have at least one available every day – come out and join the festivites at Raley Field.
- How about for another change of pace, visit the Aerospace Museum of California, featuring 40 civilian and military aircraft, a motion ride simulator, and numerous special exhibits? Aircraft on display include a wide range of military fighters, trainers, and other planes flown by the US Air Force and US Navy from 1940 to 2000.
- More tours and information about them is available on the "Non-Layout Tours Details" webpage.
This page last updated:
Jelly Belly Factory Tour
Photo courtesy of Jelly Belly®