Prototype and Railroad Tours
Links to Database Tables
Sold Out & Cancelled Tours
Layout Tours Prototype Tours General Interest Tours
PLEASE NOTE! If you have mobility issues and have already signed up or plan to sign up for any bus tours, please see the "Mobility Issues" page for important information.
Sure, we will have prototype and railroad tours, but...
- How about a historic shop tour and steam train ride on the Sierra Railroad in the heart of the Mother Lode at Jamestown, home to one of America’s last intact, still-operating railroad roundhouses? The Sierra Railroad is known as “The Movie Railroad”, since its historic locomotives and cars have starred in hundreds of films and TV productions, including High Noon, Back to the Future 3, and Petticoat Junction?
- How about a chartered ride on the Sacramento River Train in Woodland, only 15 minutes from Sacramento, with a chance to win a cab ride?
- How about a railfan trip over historic and nearby Donner Summit, a visit to Donner Lake State Park where the Donner Party wintered in 1846-47, and lunch in Truckee where helpers were once stationed and snow plows and rotaries lined up to battle the snow piling up on Donner Summit, 1200’ above Truckee?
- How about the opportunity to visit the California State Railroad Museum, one of the premier railroad museums in the nation? Admission to the Museum for the week is included in all registrations.
- How about a tour of the Western Railway Museum with rides on their many operational streetcars and interurbans on right-of-way which was once part of the extensive Sacramento Northern interurban which connected the Bay Area, Sacramento, and beyond?
This page last updated: